Key Dates: Transfer Applicants for Autumn 2014
UW online application opens
Apply by Feb. 15, 2014. All required materials must be submitted or postmarked to be assured of consideration.
Submit the FAFSA by Feb. 28, 2014, for 2014-15.
Application Fee $60The application fee is nonrefundable and must be submitted each time you apply to the UW. GO
Complete Minimum CoursesFreshman and transfer applicants must show a minimum level of preparation in six academic subject areas. GO
Personal StatementThis is your chance to tell us about yourself through a thoughtful, well-written Personal Statement. GO
Send TranscriptsReview how to send high school and college transcripts. GO
Test Scores?If you have fewer than 40 college credits, send SAT or ACT scores. GO
Do Not Send Letters of RecommendationWe do not consider letters of recommendation or other supplementary materials.
Gathering these documents and materials before you start will help the application go more smoothly.
- Your Social Security Number (SSN)
- If you have ever attended the UW, your UW Student Number
- Other names you have used on school transcripts or test scores
- If you believe you are a Washington resident, information about how long you have lived in the state
- Do you have a visa? You will need the visa type and that long number.
- Personal information and educational background about one or more of your parents/guardians
- If you have fewer than 40 college credits, test score results for ACT or SAT you have already taken or dates of tests you plan to take
- Copies of school records to accurately record dates of attendance
- A strong desire to tell your story
- If you’re paying the application fee: U.S. checking account info or a credit card. (If you’re applying for a fee waiver: no problem, you'll get more information later.)