Students who did not graduate from a state of Georgia high school may be asked to prove Georgia residency for in-state
tuition. Any student who decides to petition for Georgia residency for purposes of in-state tuition fees must file a petition to support a residency
claim. A petition can be obtained from the Office of Admissions.
To be eligible for Georgia residency, students must provide evidence of having lived in Georgia for * at least 12 continuous months prior to the date of registration of the semester in which they plan to enroll.
Once it is determined that the student may be eligible for residency, documents must be provided in order to establish proof. Please submit completed petition no later than 15 business days prior to registration. Decisions cannot be guaranteed on
petitions submitted after the deadline date.
Three (3) of the following documents are needed:
In addition, two (2) of the following documents will be needed:
- Valid Georgia Driver's License or Georgia identification card.
- Current Georgia Vehicle Registration
- Current Georgia Voter Registration Card
- Verified copy of Georgia state income tax from the previous year
- Statement from employer verifying the length of employment, including evidence of deductions for state income tax
- Letter from a Georgia state bank indicating when the account was opened
- Proof of Georgia property ownership
- Copy of lease agreement verifying date lease signed.
Note: * Students attending any institution in GA cannot include the time of their attendance at that institution as part of the time that they are using to establish their residency;
they must prove Georgia residency prior to their attendance at the other school. ** Some exceptions may include: Military personnel and dependents stationed in Georgia; legal dependents of Georgia residents and full time Georgia teachers. For further
information contact the Residency Coordinator in the Office of Admissions.
RETURN TO APPLICATION MENU