Graduate Application for Admission
- A baccalaureate or master degree from a college or university accredited by one of the regional accrediting associations
- Application + $50 non-refundable application fee or print form (PDF)
- Certificate of Immunization (PDF)
- Official transcript from each college and university attended
- Test scores from the GRE, GMAT, MAT or other standardized test as required by the individual degree program
- Verification and proof of Lawful Presence
Admission to Graduate Programs differs from undergraduate admission as admission decisions at the graduate level are made by the individual academic departments and requirements vary by program. Please plan accordingly. Find your degree page on the graduate school site for more information about the admission to your particular program. You may also reference the graduate degree section of our catalog as it is the final authority on requirements for specific programs.
Your completed application packet, which includes both general admission requirements and individual program requirements, should be submitted to the Office of Admissions by the posted admission deadlines. Send your application packet, supplemental documents, transcripts and scores to Columbus State University online or via mail:
- Document upload page
- Email at email@example.com
- Mail to Office of Admissions, Columbus State University, 4225 University Avenue, Columbus, GA 31907
Priority Application Deadlines
Application deadlines vary by academic program. Please contact your academic department for specific deadlines information.
|Deadlines for Semester||Summer||Fall||Spring|
|Graduate Application Deadline**||April 15th||June 30th||November 30th|
|Graduate Document Deadline||April 30th||July 15th||December 11th|
Graduate Admission Exams
Most programs require scores from one of the following standardized exams. Check individual programs below for specific exam requirements.
- Graduate Record Exam (GRE) - CSU School Code: 5123
- Miller Analogies Test (MAT) - CSU School Code: 1097
- Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) - CSU School Code: R64-XW-20
- Georgia Assessments for the Certification of Educators (GACE) - CSU Program Provider Code: 411
International Graduate Student:
- You are not a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident and are currently in the United States on an F-1 student Visa.
- You will require an F-1 visa to enter and study in the United States.
- You are currently in the United States on some other class of visa. A copy of your visa from your passport must be submitted.
- Provide a course by course professional evaluation of your foreign college credits. This evaluation must be completed by a NACES evaluator or Lisano International. We recommend using Josef Silney or World Education Services. College transcripts need to be evaluated course by course and must include a GPA calculation. Please contact the evaluator directly to see what they require to perform your evaluation. We must have an original document provided directly by the evaluation service sent to Columbus State. Transcripts from any U.S. College attended must also be provided.
- A completed financial guarantee form (PDF) must be completed and supplemented with an original bank statement or letter stating the required amount is available. If the student has a sponsor the sponsor must provide a letter stating what expenses they are covering and must provide the required guarantee form and bank document. Bank documents must be original and be mailed to the university.
- Applicants whose native language is not English (identified by the U.S. Department of State Bureau of Public Affairs) must provide evidence of English language proficiency.
International Priority Application/Document Deadlines
Fall semester - June 1st
Spring Semester - November 1st
Summer Semester - May 1st
Note for out of state students
If you will be living outside of Georgia while enrolled in courses, please visit our Program State Authorizations and Approvals page before applying to find out if Columbus State University is able to offer your program of interest where you will be living.
If you will be living internationally, or have any questions about state authorization or professional licensure authorization, please contact the State Authorization office at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include in your email:
- Your name
- Where you will be physically present while taking classes
- Program of interest
The State Authorization office can only address questions related to state or licensing board approvals, for all other questions please contact the appropriate department:
Visit our Out of State Student page for more information for students living out of state.