Application for Admission Instructions
The application for admission is the first step in exploring the King's College community. We take the application process very seriously, as it allows the Office of Admission to become very familiar with the many talented men and women who seek admission to King's College. At King's, we look at the entire person when considering students for admission. Academic achievement, participation and leadership in school and community organizations are evaluated. While the paperwork is a necessary component, we also value the opportunity to meet our applicants in person. We strongly recommend scheduling a personal interview at your earliest convenience.
High School Students
- Complete the application in its entirety. Please be sure to either type or clearly print in ink.
- Sign the completed application at the bottom of the last page.
- Enclose the $30 non-refundable application fee. Checks should be made payable to King's College. (if applying on-line, no application fee is required. kings.edu/admissions/applying_to_kings)
- Determine how application will be processed whether Early Decision, Early Action, or Rolling Admission.
- Complete the top section of the school report form and submit the form to your guidance counselor.
- Request the guidance office send your official high school transcript to King's College.
Test Optional option: Strong students who believe that standardized test scores do not accurately reflect the strength
of their academic achievements can choose to be considered as test optional in the admissions process.
- Students who are Homeschooled, or wish to be considered for the Physician Assistant, Nursing, and Engineering programs are required to submit SAT and/or ACT scores.
- Inquire from your guidance counselor about office specific procedures they use in the application process. Many will ask you to submit the application and fee to their office, then they will send the entire application package. Others will ask you to submit your paperwork directly to us, and they will forward their appropriate documentation separately.
- Please submit any college/university transcript other than King's College indicating course work completed. (This transcript will be used for credit evaluation only.)
If you have any questions about the application procedures or anticipate difficulty in attaining the desired documentation, please contact the Office of Admission. In special cases we may choose to waive requirements and will process the application with available information.
- The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) will be available on October 1. Please complete the FAFSA, and we anticipate financial aid awards to be distributed during the winter months.
- The King's College Federal School Code is 003282. (This code must be entered correctly on the FAFSA in order for King's College to receive access to your federal record.)
- If you choose to report your social security number, please document accurately on both the application for admission, and the FAFSA. Copy it directly from your Social Security card.
Return to Application Menu
King's College is committed to equal opportunity in the admission of students, in administration of its educational program and activities, without discrimination based on race, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, age, or disability, in its programs, activities, or employment practices, as required by Title VI, Title IX, and Section 504.
Questions should be directed to the Equal Opportunities Officer, 133 North River Street, Wilkes-Barre, PA 18711, or by calling (570) 208-5925.