Guide for Undergraduate Application

Read this guide carefully before completing the application.

ADMISSION PROCEDURES - Purdue University North Central will accept your application for admission after you complete the junior year of high school. You are encouraged to apply as early as possible. The following items are required so that your application is complete for admission consideration:

1. Complete the online application with responses to all items; submit separately an official high school transcript which includes grades for all courses completed to date and your most recent rank in class;

2. SAT or ACT results; (If you have been out of high school 3 or more years, SAT/ACT results are not required.)
Note: Students admitted to our Bridge program or a pre-program are encouraged, but not required to submit SAT or ACT results;

3. An official high school transcript for transfer students who do not hold a bachelor's degree;

4. An official transcript for transfer students from each college, university, or technical school attended and a check or money order of $30 for the credit evaluation fee;

5. GED recipients must submit a photocopy of their test results.

APPLICATION DEADLINES - Due to limitations of staff and facilities, Purdue University North Central may not be able to accommodate all qualified applicants in particular curricula. The University reserves the right to close admission to any program as it is filled, and admission to certain programs may close without advance notice.

Applications should be completed and submitted 30 days prior to the start of any given semester. There is no assurance that applications received beyond the 30-day guideline can be processed.

Preferential Filing Dates for Nursing - The nursing program has established preferential filing dates and applications postmarked after a preferential filing date will be considered only if space remains available in the program:

Nursing - December 12, 2003, for those applying for the fall 2004 term; April 9, 2004, for those applying for the Spring 2005 term.

Financial Aid - The Purdue Division of Financial Aid (DFA) administers a variety of financial aid programs. Programs at the federal, state, and University levels are available to students who demonstrate need for financial assistance.

If you are interested in receiving financial aid, the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) must be received by the federal processor by March 10 of the year you will begin attending Purdue. The FAFSA is available from your high school guidance office or the Purdue North Central Financial Aid Office.

GRADUATION & PLACEMENT - Information regarding employment and placement of recent Purdue University North Central graduates is available upon request from the Purdue University North Central Placement Office.

Graduation rates for Purdue North Central are available in the Office of the Registrar, Purdue University North Central, 1401 South U.S. 421, Westville, IN 46391-9528, (219)785-5200. These rates are calculated and made available as required by the Student RighttoKnow and Campus Security Act.

NONDISCRIMINATION - Purdue University North Central is an equal access/equal opportunity university. No qualified person will be denied admission or employment, nor will any student or employee be subjected to discriminatory treatment or be excluded from participation in any educational program or activity on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, or status as a disabled Vietnam era veteran.

SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER - The Social Security number is requested as the best and most effective way to uniquely identify you for the purpose of accurately processing and maintaining your educational records. This number will be used as a student identification number and is restricted to internal University use: for example, matching admission applications with SAT or GRE scores, matching admission status with financial aid, obtaining transcripts during and after graduation. If you do not want the University to use your social security number as your student identification number, you will not be penalized. Also, you may request the University to discontinue the use of your social security number as your identification number and purge its records of that number at any time in the future. In either case, the University will then assign another number to you. Your student identification number, whether your social security number or University assigned number, must be used for all subsequent educational record inquiries and processing.

RECORDS - All records submitted by and on behalf of an applicant become the property of Purdue University.

RESIDENCE - Purdue University reserves the right to request documentary evidence in support of a residence claim.

VETERANS - A veteran must submit a copy of the Form DD214 after completion of service in the armed forces for possible credit for military service experience.

INQUIRIES - Direct inquiries to the Office of Admissions.

STUDENTS WITH DISABILITIES - Purdue University North Central is committed to meeting its obligations pursuant to Article 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. If you wish to inform Purdue regarding a disability and receive information about auxiliary aids and services for students with physical, emotional and/or learning disabilities, please contact the Coordinator of Services for Students with Disabilities at (219) 785-5374. Indiana Relay is used for TDD Communications, (800) 743-3333.

Application Menu