All applicants to graduate programs at Pratt must have received a bachelor's degree from an institution in the United States that is accredited by a recognized regional association, or have been awarded the equivalent of the bachelor's degree from an international institution of acceptable standards.
All applicants for admission to graduate study at Pratt Institute are required to submit the following credentials in addition to the special program requirements.
- Application Form and non-refundable $50 application fee. ($90 for international students). All students MUST submit an online application.
- Copies of official transcripts from all institutions attended after graduation from secondary school should be posted online through the online application form. Official copies of any transcripts not posted through the online application must be mailed by your school. Do not do both.
- Two letters of recommendation are required through the online application. Please notify your recommenders that you are emailing a recommendation request to them in advance. You are encouraged to have at least one academic recommendation letter. If you have not attended college for three or more years, you may have your present or former supervisor provide recommendations.
- A statement of purpose giving your long-range goals and your reason for applying to Pratt Institute for advanced study must be posted through the online application. Make sure your statement is complete before posting through the online application. You will not be able to make changes after the application is submitted. Statements will not be accepted in other formats.
- Please post through the online application a resume to list past employment, awards, and honors or curriculum vitae (CV) of exhibition experience, if any. Make sure your resume and CV are complete before posting through the online application. You will not be able to make changes after the application is submitted. Resumes and CV will be not accepted in other formats.
- The TOEFL, IELTS, and/or Pearson test is required for all international applicants whose first language is not English.
- The GRE is required of applicants to the Masters of Architecture and History of Art and Design programs. Applicants to Art and Design Education Initial Certification or Advanced Certificate are required to submit either the GRE or MAT tests.
- International Students: If your previous education is from an education system different from the U.S. system, MUST submit a degree evaluation from a reputable third party evaluation service such as World Education Services (www.wes.org).
- If your program requires a visual portfolio (see department requirements at https://www.pratt.edu/admissions/applying/applying-graduate/grad-application-requirement/grad-departmental-requirements/) it should be posted online through Slideroom (https://pratt.slideroom.com). Any required writing samples should be submitted in the online application.
Please see www.pratt.edu/apply for your department's portfolio, language (international students only) and other requirements.
Submission of Materials
Please send any mailed materials to:
Office of Graduate Admissions
200 Willoughby Avenue
Brooklyn, NY 11205