Graduate Application Instructions
First-time applicants for graduate study must submit:
- The online application, including a $50 nonrefundable application fee
- A copy of your resume
- Official transcripts from every college or university attended (including Rider University) unless applying as Special Standing
- Students matriculated elsewhere or pursuing just one or two courses for employment purposes, with no intent of pursuing a degree or certification at Rider University must submit an official transcript from the institution where the most recent degree was completed.
- If your previous institution was outside the United States, you will be required to have a course-by-course evaluation of your credits by any credential evaluation service that is a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES). For a list of members, visit www.naces.org/members.htm
Official transcripts may be sent to Rider University, Office of Graduate Admission, 2083 Lawrenceville Road, Lawrenceville NJ, 08648-3099.
College of Business Administration program applicants must also submit:
- Official notification of GMAT or GRE scores (not required for EMBA or certificate candidates)
- Two letters of recommendation (EMBA candidates only)
- If you choose the “Non-Degree Student” option, you must submit a letter from your college or university providing approval for Rider course work, or already hold an advanced degree in the subject you wish to study (in which case you must submit an official transcript from the institution where the graduate degree was earned)
College of Education & Human Services
- Two letters of recommendation (three for Teacher Leadership and Educational Leadership applicants).
- Official notification of GRE (for M.A. in Counseling Services, M.A. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling, and Ed.S. in School Psychology applicants only). Counseling applicants may submit the MAT in lieu of the GRE.
- Official notification of the Praxis/OPI/WPT scores (for teacher certification applicants only).
- Copies of teaching evaluations from the most recent two years (M.A. in Teacher Leadership and M.A. in Educational Leadership applicants only).
- Copies of NJ instructional certificate(s) (for M.A. in Teacher Leadership, M.A. in Special Education, M.A. in Educational Leadership, Teacher of Students with Disabilities Certification, Principal Certification, and Supervisor Certification).
- More specific program requirements can be found here.
College of Liberal Art & Sciences and College of Continuing Studies program applicants must also submit:
- Two letters of recommendation.
Westminster Choir College
In addition to the items listed above, applicants to the Master of Music (M.M.) programs at Westminster Choir College must submit the following:
- An admission audition and/or interview. Complete audition and interview instructions can be found at www.rider.edu/gradauditions
- A repertoire list. All applicants (except Music Education and American Public Musicology) must submit a current and complete list of works performed. Applicants attending an on-campus audition can email their repertoire list to email@example.com and applicants submitting a recorded audition can upload the repertoire list with the audition recording.
More specific program requirements can be found on our web site.
- If seeking an F-1 visa, the international student supplement and supporting financial documentation
- Official results of the TOEFL or IELTS examination (required for non-native English speakers who have not graduated from a US college or university)
- Copy of your current I-20 and/or visa, if applicable