Online Application Instructions & Information
Create your account.
- Enter your account information exactly as instructed on the application.
- Click the 'Create My Account' button at the bottom of the application.
- Write your username and password for future reference (i.e., when re-entering the system).
Fill out your application.
You can complete your application in any order and save your work and come back to it later - even from a different computer!
All of your saves and transmissions are logged in your Activity Log for your review.
- Use the navigation tools found on any of the pages to move forward and backward in the application.
- To save what you have done so far without exiting, click the 'Save' button.
- To reaccess your application to continue work on it, return to the application menu, select the application, and enter your username and password when prompted.
Make corrections to your data.
You may see a Data Correction Page when you move from page to page, or when you submit the application.
A Data Correction Page appears if you have omitted a required field or
entered data incorrectly. Changes you need to make appear in red text.
Simply enter the correct data, scroll down to the bottom of the page, and
click the appropriate button.
Submit the Application.
Check your application carefully. When you are satisfied with it and
are ready to send it to us, click the send button at the bottom
of the last page. This saves your data in their final form
and takes you to the
payment page where you pay your application fee online.
Your application is not sent to us until you pay your application fee and it is authorized (step 5).
Pay your application fee online.
On the payment page, you can pay your application fee by debit/credit card.
If you are paying by debit or credit card:
Once payment is authorized, your application is on its way to us, and you can no longer make changes to it.
- Provide all information, including the complete credit card number, expiration date, and card billing information.
- Click the 'Submit this information' button.
Security Information: Your debit/credit card information
is encrypted during transmission from your browser to our server and during
payment authorization. None of your debit/credit card information is stored
in our database.
- Check your Activity Log to print a copy of your application or to learn if we have received it.
- Close your browser program when you are ready to end your Web session.
This clears your password and secure connection.
Hints for Completing Your Form
Select the appropriate residence and/or citizenship country code
using the Search button: click the button and select your country
code from the list. It will be entered automatically in the application.
- Check your application carefully before sending it!
Web Form Features
- The web application server stores the information you enter under the private username and password you establish.
You do not have to complete a application in one sitting.
For example, you can start working on a web application at your library's computer facility,
save your work, access the application at home on your personal computer, and continue
working from there. Wherever you have access to the Web, you have access
to the information you have saved.
When you complete more than one application, common information
you provided on the first application is entered automatically in all subsequent
forms. For example, if you have entered your name and address on a
application and saved it, that information will be entered automatically on the
next online application you access (assuming, of course, that the next application also
has name and address fields). Also, if you change the information on one
application, it is changed on all others.
Your data are transmitted securely over the Internet. The information
you enter is encrypted and secure when you save it and when you send it.
Although general data collected on the system may be used in statistical
studies and reports designed to assist institutions with planning, any
information bearing your personal identification is disclosed only to the
department to which you send it.
When you save or transmit application information, a note appears in
your Activity Log. You can easily check your Activity Log at any time
to see your application activity and to learn when we have acknowledged
receipt of your application.